Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 10: Renewal

Before the sermon tonight, Pastor Scott called the women of the church to the altar for prayer. It was such a powerful time as He prayed over each of us individually. Here are some of the things he said as he prayed over me:
  • God, you know what she has been through.
  • There is a great anointing on her.
  • She will be a great warrior.
  • She will wake up each day powerful for you.
He also said to lay down those things that have been keeping me from having a complete relationship with God. Take those things to the altar that are not good. Rid myself of whatever is holding me back so that I can be one with Him.
I have felt for some time that I need to work on the following things:
  • My attitude at work…condescension; sarcasm; putting down on colleagues whose ideas or work ethics do not align with my own
  • My use of profanity.
  • Wasting time browsing web sites that serve no purpose in my life.
Tonight I took the following actions as soon as I got home:
  • Deleted a blog I had begun using to journal about things at work that irritated me.
  • Deleted a user ID/membership on a web site that is nothing but a time waster.
Moving forward I commit to:
  • Take the advice I gave to my own children: If the words I am about to speak will not be helpful, I will not say them.
  • I will purge things from my life that serve no purpose and waste my time and/or money.
  • I will not use profanity.
But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.
Colossians 3:8-10

No comments: