Friday, January 22, 2010

Sophomore Year



So I guess my freshman year was focused more on doing what I wanted to do instead of what God wanted me to do. I think I accomplished some of what He wanted, but I've been ignoring what He has been saying to me. So here's an idea of where I am now.

  • I began a class on January 11th called Life by Design. I've mentioned my friend, Sue Miley, in another post, and she is leading this class with a couple of other facilitators. Week 3 is Monday, and I'm already excited about how God is speaking to me through this course.
  • Mike and I have begun attending a new church and already feel a connection with our Sunday School class and the pastor. We had been considering this change in our lives for a while, but it was visiting our dear friends, Joel & Tiffany, as they ministered on Christmas Eve in their new church in rural Mississippi that we understood what we had been missing in church--intimate fellowship with other believers.
Right now I have many issues that I want "fixed" in my life, but I have learned that taking action isn't always the best route. I'm an impatient person and would rather be doing the wrong thing, sometimes, instead of sitting around waiting. But "waiting for God is not wasting time" (thanks, Bro. Ron!). And while I'm waiting, I will be in His Word searching for His divine purpose for my life. I know that only then--when He determines that the time is right--will He reveal bits and pieces to me.

No comments: