Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 42 - The Busy-ness

Still have the blue ribbon tied to my wrist...a reminder of my journey in Him. I've not been as faithful about posting here, but I'm still in the race! The last few weeks have been jam-packed with events and happenings, and as I'm finally slowing down I'm realizing that I don't always take God along in my "busy-ness". Of course, the days that are fraught with to-do lists, errands, chores, and kid-tastrophes are the very ones when I have failed to suit up in the Armor of God. While I have my shield of faith, some days I feel like I'm just hunkering down behind it, praying like crazy that I can outlast the battle!

Recently the boys and I had the opportunity to go to Gulf Shores for a relaxing weekend getaway. The weather was perfect, and there was nothing I needed more than to sit on the beach all day and do nothing but take in the wonder of God's world. It was incredible! I'd like to share a story that I wrote shortly after that trip--I'll create it as a separate post. The title is "Beautifully Broken"...it was a healing trip for me.


No comments: