Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day...whatever!

So I've been a real slacker documenting my journey, but I'm hopping back on the wagon. Here are some things I've learned:

  1. Patience, grasshopper. - Doors will be opened and I will pass through them but I must be patient. I didn't get to where I am overnight, and each day that I walk with God by my side I will be one step further in my journey. I will be one step wiser, one step stronger, one step more ready. And hopefully each of my steps will have left a footprint along the way: a kind word to a stranger at the gas station; encouragement to a friend with marital problems; an interest in professionally developing a college student employee; racing down slides with my children (and falling on my behind at the bottom!).
  2. Clarity - I love the aha! moments. As long as I trust in God, there will be clarity in my life...even through the times when I'm scratching my head.
  3. People - I love other people's stories. I love analyzing how they got to where they are and how they might sail a little smoother to where they are going.
  4. Dissatisfaction - I've wondered for a year why, oh why, my job isn't developing into something satisfying and better-paying. Maybe if I'm dissatisfied with my current position then I won't be holding so tightly to it when the door to my next career is standing right in front of me. One perk of my current job is that I can go to school part time for FREE.
I've been keeping a running list of things in my day that I really enjoy doing. By doing this, I hope to discover the things that I am most passionate about and what is the most rewarding to me. And I'm convinced that the things that are in line with God's desires for my life will become the things I most love to do.

So that's what I've gotten out of my 100+ days...but the journey is far from being done. I'm excited about continuing this blog to document the wonderful revelations I am receiving. Please continue praying for my journey!

No comments: