Monday, September 22, 2008

A 100 Day Commitment

This morning I told God that I was ready. Ready to hear the message that He has in store for me. I've been feeling the pull for quite a few months now but made excuses. I'm too busy. I'm not ready. I'm still trying to put my life back together. I just need to figure myself out first before I seek His purpose for my life. I need to know what I'm good at and where my personality might fit in serving Him. Wrong. How can I ever know myself without first asking Him?

I am who God says that I am.

I have been so wrapped up in my own wants and needs. How can I have a better career? How can I get a better-paying job? Why should I have to give up my kids three days a week because my ex-husband didn't want to commit to me?

It is not about me.

I commit myself today to God, to His purpose. I ask Him to speak to me, to guide me, to show me where He wants me in every area of my life. I commit to being in His Word each day so that He might reveal His purpose to me.

By Him. For Him.

No comments: