Saturday, September 27, 2008

Day 6: My stewardship of His gifts

Notes from my Purpose Driven Life reading for today.

Perspective - what is your life metaphor? Romans 12:2 says, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing, and perfect will."

*Note: Several months ago (maybe in June/July) this scripture came to me as an Encouraging Word email from KLOVE. It really spoke to me more than the daily emails generally do, so I printed it and put it at my desk. I've thought of taking it down a time or two, but each time decided to leave it up. I don't read it every day, but each time I look at it, it reminds me to ask for renewal and to turn from the ways the world says I should act.

Life is a test.
Life is a trust.
Life is a temporary assignment.

Test
There are tests in life to help develop your character. God watches how we respond to trials.

Trust
We are stewards of the gifts God gives us. God is the owner of everything.

*Note: In Luke Walters' sermon Wednesday, he talked about how we are to be managers, or stewards, of God's goodness. He referenced 1 Corinthians 4:2, which says, "Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful."

Psalm 24:1 says, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it."
We are entrusted with His creation.

1 Corinthians 4:7 says, "For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?

Personal thoughts:
I generally think of my life as a journey. Have I been a good steward of what He has given me? Not really. I am starting to recognize not just my gifts, but my spiritual gifts. I must show Him my faithfulness by caring for the gifts He blesses me with.

No comments: